Grant writing for dummies / Beverly A. Browning1 available
Gateway-Kenosha Campus General Collection
HG 177.5 U6 B7.6 2009
- 3rd ed.
- xviii, 338 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- --For dummies
- --For dummies.
- Previous ed.: 2005.
- Includes index.
- Ch.1 Grasping the basics of finding and getting the bucks
- Ch.2 Mapping success with a funding development plan
- Ch.3 Adding winning words to your request for proposal
- Ch.4 Checking out public funding epicenters
- Ch.5 Wading through grants.gov
- Ch.6 Uncovering private sector funding
- Ch.7 Finding individual and business grant opportunities
- Ch.8 Scoping out international grants
- Ch.9 Using your resources to win government grants and contracts
- Ch.10 Writing to convince peer reviewers to give you maximun points
- Ch.11 Magnetizing funders with powerful writing
- Ch.12 Creating the documents outside of the main narrative
- Ch.13 Building grant applicant credibility
- Ch.14 Conveying a hopeless situation and a need for funds
- Ch.15 Laying out the plant of action: program design and accoutability
- Ch.16 Presenting your staff and resources
- Ch.17 Connecting the budget to the plan of action
- Ch.18 Wrapping up your funding package
- Ch.19 Managing follow-up tasks
- Ch.20 Celebrating or commiserating: do it the right way
- Ch.21 Crafting the corporate letter request
- Ch.22 Ten tips for unearthing hard-to-find information
- Ch.23 Ten ways to secure peer review opportunities
- Covers the latest changes to the grant writing process as well as a listing of where to apply for grants; the latest language, terms, and phrases to use on the job or in proposals; the easiet ways to target the best websites to upload and download the latest and user-friendly application forms and writing guidelines; a major expansion on the peer review process; and, one-stop funding websites and state agencies that publish grant funding opportunity announcements.
- 16.00 TEC CMM (10-699-1) SOC SERV (10-520-3)
- Proposal writing for grants -- Popular works.
- Grants-in-aid -- United States.
- Fund raising -- United States.
- Technical writing -- Human services.