Legal guide for starting & running a small business / Fred S. Steingold1 available
Gateway-Kenosha Campus General Collection
KF 1659 S7.45 2011
- 12th ed.
- 448 p. ; 28 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "The all-in-one business law book"--Cover.
- Which legal form is best for your business?
- Structuring a partnership agreement
- Creating a corporation
- Creating a limited liability company
- Preparing for ownership changes with a buyout agreement
- Naming your business and products
- Licenses and permits
- Tax basics for the small business
- Raising money for your business
- Buying a business
- Franchises : how not to get burned
- Insuring your business
- Negotiating a favorable lease
- Home-based business
- Employees and independent contractors
- The importance of excellent customer relations
- Legal requirements for dealing with customers
- Cash, credit cards, and checks
- Extending credit and getting paid
- Put it in writing : small business contracts
- The financially troubled business
- Resolving legal disputes
- Representing yourself in small claims court
- Lawyers and legal research
- Start and run your business with this all-in-one book. Small business owners are regularly confronted by a bewildering array of legal questions and problems. Ignoring them can lead to disaster -- but with lawyers typically charging $200-$300 an hour, calling one to answer routine legal questions can be a fast track to the poorhouse. The 12th edition is revised to provide the latest regulations, tax numbers and business realities in a changing economy. It also provides a start-up checklist, an expanded discussion about choosing a business structure, updates to bankruptcy law -- and much more.
- 26.00 BUS MGMT (10-102-3)
- Entrepreneurship -- Small business -- Popular works -- United States.
- Small business -- Law and legislation -- United States -- Popular works.
- Business enterprises -- Law and legislation -- United States -- Popular works.
- Added Title
- Legal guide for starting and running a small business