The small business start-up kit / Peri H. Pakroo; edited by Marcia Stewart2 available
Gateway-Elkhorn Campus General Collection
KF 1659 P3.5 2010
Gateway-Kenosha Campus General Collection
KF 1659 P3.5 2010
- 6th ed.
- 352 p. : forms ; 28 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Includes index.
- CD-ROM contains forms in Rich Text Format.
- Choosing a legal structure
- Picking a winning business name
- Choosing a business location
- Drafting an effective business plan
- Pricing, bidding, and billing projects
- Federal, State, and local start-up requirements
- Risk management
- Paying your taxes
- Laws, taxes, and other issues for home businesses
- Entering into contracts and agreements
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and financial management
- Small business marketing 101
- E-business : selling and marketing online
- Planning for changes In ownership
- Building your business and hiring workers
- Getting professional help
- From the Publisher: The best step-by-step guide to starting a business available! Many people dream of running a business of their own-but often don't know how to start. Sound familiar? This book can help. User-friendly and loaded with tips, The Small Business Start-Up Kit shows you how to launch a business quickly, easily and with confidence. It explains in plain English how to: choose the best business structure; write an effective business plan; file the right forms in the right place; price, bid and bill your projects; draft and use contracts, online and off; manage your finances; be prepared for, and file, required taxes; reach customers online. The Small Business Start-Up Kit also includes all the forms and instructions you need both as tear-outs and on CD-ROM. The 6th edition has been thoroughly updated to include the latest legal information affecting small business. Additionally, it includes 1) an updated chapter on financial management, which includes information on how to use technology to manage bookkeeping and other business aspects, 2) an updated e-business chapter which covers how to use social media to promote the business and, 3) updated material on the latest search engine optimization strategies to drive traffic to the business website.
- 20.00 SM BUS EP (31-145-1)
- Small business -- Business administration -- Planning -- United States.
- Small business -- Law and legislation -- United States -- Popular works.
- New business enterprises -- Law and legislation -- United States -- Popular works.
- Added Author
- Stewart, Marcia.