Preparing a STEM workforce through career-technical education / Dimitra Jackson Smith, Soko Starobin, editors
Book | Jossey-Bass | 2017
Available at Gateway-Racine Campus General Collection (LB 2328 P7.47 2017)
100 pages ; 23 cm
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1. Community College Pathways to the STEM Workforce: What Are They, Who Follows Them, and How? / Michelle Van Noy, Matthew Zeidenberg
2. A Researcher-Practitioner Partnership on Remedial Math Contextualization in Career and Technical Education Programs / Xueli Wang, Yan Wang, Amy Prevost
3. An Evolving Entrepreneurship Simulation as a Vehicle for Career and Technical Education / Edgar E. Troudt, Stuart A. Schulman, Christoph Winkler
4. How Community Colleges Are Closing the Skills Gap Through CTE and STEM Funding Innovations / Kimberly Lowry, Tricia Thomas-Anderson
5. The Case for Evaluating Student Outcomes and Equity Gaps to Improve Pathways and Program Study / Debra D. Bragg
6. Unwelcoming Classroom Climates: The Role of Gender Microaggressions in CTE / Jaime Lester, Brice Struthers, Aoi Yamanaka
7. Recruiting and Retaining Women in Information Technology Programs (Practices and Challenges in Iowa Community Colleges) / Yu (April) Chen, Arlene de la Mora, Mari Kemis
8. Implications for Policy and Practice: Summary of the Volume and Lessons for the Future of CTE Programs and STEM / Dimitra Jackson Smith
"The topics in this volume are covered over 3 sections that include: 1) Incorporating experiential learning activities for students in CTE-STEM programs, 2) Providing avenues and effective strategies for closing the skills gap for students in CTE-STEM through funding and evaluation and assessment activities; and 3) Highlighting the experiences of women in CTE-STEM related programs"-- Provided by publisher.
29.00 PRF (99-PRF-9)
Smith, Dimitra Jackson, 1981- editor.
Starobin, Soko, editor.