Teaching in nursing and role of the educator : the complete guide to best practice in teaching, evaluation, and curriculum development / Marilyn H. Oermann, Jennie C. De Gagne, Beth Cusatis Phillips, editors
Book | Springer Publishing Company, LLC | 2018 | Second edition.
Available at Gateway-Kenosha Campus General Collection (RT 90 T4.137 2018)
xix, 463 pages 26 cm
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Section I: Nursing Education: Roles of Teacher and Learner
1. The Process of Becoming a Nurse Educator / Marilyn H. Oermann and Betsy Frank
2. Learning Theories / Beth Cusatis Phillips
3. Understanding the Learner / Beth Cusatis Phillips
Section II: Teaching and Teaching Methods
4. Learning Environment and Teaching Methods / Debra Hagler and Brenda Morris
5. Integrating Technology in Education / Jennie C. De Gagne, Helen B. Connors, and Kathy Tally
6. Teaching in Online Learning Environments / Jennie C. De Gagne
7. Clinical Simulations in Nursing Education: Overview, Essentials, and the Evidence / Pamela R. Jeffries, Kristina T. Dreifuerst, and Katie A. Haerling
8. Weaving Interprofessional Education Into Nursing Curricula / Karen T. Pardue, Shelley Cohen Konrad, and Dawne Marie Dunbar
Section III: Teaching in a Learning Laboratory and Clinical Setting
9. Learning Laboratories as a Foundation for Nursing Excellence / Carol F. Durham and Darlene E. Baker
10. Clinical Teaching in Nursing / Lisa K. Woodley
11. Partnerships With Clinical Settings: Roles and Responsibilities of Nurse Educators / Karen L. Gorton, and Katherine Foss
Section IV: Assessment and Evaluation
12. Assessment Methods / Marilyn H. Oermann
13. Developing and Using Tests / Kathleen B. Gaberson
14. Clinical Evaluation / Marilyn H. Oermann
Section V: Curriculum Development and Evaluation of Nursing Program
15. The Context in Which Teaching Takes Place: The Curriculum / Sarah B. Keating
16. Curriculum Models and Development / Theresa M. "Terry" Valiga
17. Program Evaluation / Donna L. Boland
Section VI: Scholarship and Nursing Education Around the World
18. Evidence-Based Teaching in Nursing / Marilyn H. Oermann and Jamie L. Conklin
19. Becoming a Scholar in Nursing Education / Marilyn H. Oermann
20. Preparing Students for Interprofessional Work in the Global Village: The Role of Nurse Educators / Lynda Wilson, C. Ann Gakumo, and Martha A. Dawson
Appendix A: Examples of Teaching Materials and Other Documents for a Laboratory Module
Appendix B: Clinical Teaching Activities and Resources for Students
Appendix C: Caputi's Alternative Approach to Clinical Evaluation
Appendix D: Resrouces for Nurse Educators
This evidence-based text delivers the full scope of knowledge necessary for novice and experienced faculty to become competent teachers in nursing. The only book to focus on the full academic role, it encompasses all of the key concepts required for effective teaching, curriculum development, evaluation and testing, becoming a scholar in nursing education, and much more.
70.00 AD NURS (10-543-1)
Oermann, Marilyn H., editor.
De Gagne, Jennie C., editor.
Phillips, Beth Cusatis, editor.